Pages



Thursday, September 20, 2012

The face

Here is the ultimate proof that Sam was grown in yours truly.


Dude is really good at making faces. The trick that makes these faces different? He has no idea he's doing it. I know, he's just a baby and babies are so behind-the-times that they crap in their pants and then sit in it like it's NBD but, trust me, he's going to be doing this for the rest of his life. This is a talent that he is going to be unknowingly perfecting forever. Just like me.

Apparently I make a lot of faces and I know this because people tell me so. But, of course, I can't see myself doing it. I've even gone so far as to freeze when someone brings it to my attention, excavate a mirror from my pit of a purse to check for evidence but, of course, the face is gone.

The only problem to all of this? My faces don't necessarily match how I feel. The stink face when I'm in a pretty OK mood? The usual. The WTF face when I'm really tired? Of course. The happy face when I'm really pissed? Not likely but, you know, I needed another example.

I've heard a million times, "Why are you making that face?" and I always answer, "What face?" I'm sure Sam is going to hear that a lot, too.




1 comment:

  1. haha - i have that same naturally expressive face, which is weird since my plain thinking face must be sadface/bitchface based on the comments of other people.

    baby faces = way cuter than grown up faces. it's just a fact.

    ReplyDelete