Pages



Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thank you.

I just want to say thank you. Thank you for stopping over here, even if it's just for a minute, even if you just scroll by fast and look at a couple of pictures and then click the back button on your browser. Hell, even if you don't read this. Thank you.

I blogged online a long time ago, long before it was probably even called blogging. I liked telling stories, writing, taking pictures, talking to other people. All of it. I did meet a lot of good people, some of these people I still talk to today. Some of them are probably looking at this right now. Mix tapes and care packages swapped, plane tickets purchased, millions of emails sent and received, all of that. But I just stopped one day and I don't know why. Life happened, just like it always does.

And here I am now. Back in the game. I've been lucky enough to be able to have my badge put on some of my most favorite blogs. Maybe you have come over here after seeing Sam's face on one of those blogs and you are wondering just what in the hell is an olive juice box. I don't know. It, like a lot of stuff, just popped into my mind one day. I had been wanting to start a blog for a long time but just couldn't come up with a name. And then, just like that, life happened and now here we are, you reading my words and me being really grateful this is all going on.

I know it sounds silly. This is parts of a life displayed on a computer screen. Your life, my life, an Internet connection and here we are. Like I said, I really do enjoy telling stories and writing, I just truly am thankful that I have people who are taking the time to be a part of it. Talking to yourself is never fun, even though I do it all of the time.

Oh, wall of words and no picture? NO WAY. Here's a picture of my kids from early in the summer. I swear to you, they both have the same dad and they both spent their early days in me. It just doesn't look like it, does it?

11 comments:

  1. hello - I'm a new reader (though not new to blogging, like you!) over from Abigail and the Future :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! Thanks! New people get me all happy and stuff.

      Delete
  2. Yep, I remember you from way back Teenage FBI! hehe Loved your writing back then and am loving it now. I gotta go catch up on your posts but keep 'em coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You (and your sister) are two of my most favorite internet people ever. I was watching something on Troll 2 recently and I yelled out, I KNOW THOSE PEOPLE when I saw your husband and sister. Hah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! Immortalized forever on Best Worst Movie. We all don’t look too insane, do we?
      Well, I’m patiently awaiting your blog entry when your sons get their first guinea pig.

      Delete
  4. I'm so flipping happy you're writing now. Jesus. I used to have a live journal with something like 200 followers and an account on opendiary.com with 20+ friends (some I've kept in contact with). I don't even know when I suddenly became antisocial!
    Also, I totally stole your button. I can now gaze at my favorite chunk when egotistically re-reading things I've posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that we were LJ buddies and didn't even know it.

      Delete
  5. Cute blog - I'm so happy I found you via PDXMomma! I'm your newest follower :) Feel free to follow back if you want to www.everydaywithhazelmae.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yey so glad to have you on my blog, and to discover your wonderful one in return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like this is the best set up ever. :)

      Delete